Portrait by Gina Brown.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
This is the way I explained this verse from the Bible to my son when he was just a small child:
- For God so loved the world (that means everybody)
- that He gave His only begotten Son (that means Jesus)
- that whosoever (that means me . . . and you!)
- believes in Him (that means trust in, rely on, have faith in Jesus)
- should not perish (that means spend eternity in hell, separated from God)
- but have everlasting life (that means spend eternity in heaven, with God)
. . . and that's Good News!